We are one of Northeast Ohio’s premier indoor and outdoor tennis clubs. Our tennis programs extend from beginner kids tennis classes to advanced adult tennis lessons. Our indoor tennis facility has 10 indoor tennis courts with indirect lighting, and 5 outdoor Har-Tru green clay courts. Our outdoor tennis area has a beautiful deck area. The courts are enclosed within the picturesque Tinkers Creek State Nature Preserve.
We offer a variety of adult social and competitive tennis programs. Placed in groups by skill level, players can focus on improving their game in lessons or on teams with players of similar ability. Whether you are starting from scratch or looking to enhance your play, there is a tennis program for you.
We have an amazing youth tennis program. From beginners to highly recruited high school players, we have great tennis opportunities for your child! Our enthusiastic and high energy staff focuses on teaching proper fundamentals of the game in a fun-filled and enjoyable environment.
USTA Tennis Leagues
We have more than 75 teams that compete in USTA Leagues, where tennis players compete against other recreational tennis clubs in match play throughout Northeast Ohio. Play is based on the National Tennis Rating Program to ensure you will play against similar ability players – from beginner to more advanced players.
Teams have an opportunity to advance from local play to USTA League National Championship events. Initially, a player without a rating can rate themselves at levels beginning at 2.5 to 5.0.
Events and Tournaments
We offer a large array of:
- Ladies Round Robins
- Junior Team Tennis
- Junior Match Play Shootouts
- Men's Tournaments
- Midwest and National Youth tournaments
We also host five Midwest multi-level ranking tournaments.
Dick Schultz Memorial Championship
Western Reserve Racquet and Fitness Club and the WRRFC Charitable Foundation proudly present The Dick Schultz Memorial $10,000 Tennis Championships on December 14-17, 2017
- 4 Men's divisions
- 4 Mixed Doubles divisions
- $10,000 in prize money
- $128 per team entry fee (includes a player gift bag)
- Portion of the proceeds to benefit the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation and Blast Gioblastoma
Our world class tennis staff is here to service all your tennis lesson needs. All tennis staff members carry the internationally recognized USPTA and/or PTR certification. Our tennis staff offers high quality tennis lessons, seven days a week. We specialize in all levels of tennis, from beginner to advanced. Our lessons are given to both members and non-members of WRRFC.
Our tennis professionals serve our members' instructional needs through a complete and progressive program for adult and youth players. We strive to provide a wide array of leagues, lessons and tournaments.
Tennis lesson rates vary based on the tennis professional's tenure and the type of lesson. We offer private lessons, semi-private lessons, group lessons, team drills, and clinics.
Co-Director of Tennis
Matt Treblas, USPTA
- USPTA Professional
- NSCA Certified personal trainer
- TRX certified instructor
- #1 singles and doubles player at Wittenberg University
- USTA 5.0 NTRP rated player
- Serves on Head advisory staff
- Boys and girls tennis coach at Aurora High School
Contact Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Co-Director of Tennis
Brian Shoman, USPTA
- USPTA Elite Professional
- USRSA Master Racquet Technician
- USPTA Ohio Pro of the Year 2010 and 2016
- Herb Nold volunteer of the year recipient
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management at Bowling Green State University
- Local league coordinator for Junior Team Tennis
- NEOTA board member
Contact Brian at email@example.com.
Director of High Performance Tennis
Nolan Marks, USPTA
- USPTA Professional
- Graduated from Cleveland State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Sociology
- Played Division 1 Men's Tennis at CSU
- #1 doubles and #3 singles at CSU
- Four trips to states in high school
Contact Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Howell, USPTA
- USPTA certified professional
- Tennis professional at WRRFC since 2003
- Bachelor's of Arts from Allegheny College and Masters of Education from St. Lawrence University
- Played #1 singles and doubles at Allegheny College
- Coached college tennis for 7 years
- Strings and repairs tennis and racquetball racquets
- Coaches all levels and ages of players
- Serves on Head Advisory staff
Contact Dave at email@example.com.
Aaron Stuetzer, USPTA
- Certified USPTA Elite Professional with APC accreditation for extensive continuing education
- Over 5+ years of teaching tennis in Northeast Ohio to all age and skill levels
- Certified in 10 & Under Youth Tennis
- Active is USTA Leagues
- On the Community Outreach Committee for NOETA
- 2017 Junior Cup Coach for NEOTA's 12 & Under Team
- Volunteer Coach for Kent State University
- Babolat Advisory staff
Contact Aaron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dania Banc, USPTA
- USPTA Certified Professional
- Played college tennis at Bowling Green State University
- Head Varsity Coach for boys and girls at Aurora High School
- 6 time boys league champions
- 7 times girls league champions
- 4.5 National Qualifier
- 15+ years of teaching experience
David Soldevilla, RTP
- David Soldevilla has over 5 years of teaching and coaching experience
- David played at Miami University
- Coached boys and girls at Orange High School and placed 4th at States
- Taught tennis in Spain
- He teaches youth and adults of all levels at the club
Doug Wenger, USPTA
- Certified USPTA Professional for 15+ years
- Coach of national runner-up 18-under Junior Team Tennis team
- Coached collegiate and NCAA qualifiers
- 5-Time Midwest Section singles champion
- Nationally ranked in top-50 in the USTA Adult Rankings
- Member of USTA/Midwest Donoff Cup Team - National Adult Team Competition
- Loves to work with players of all ages and levels
- #1 singles and doubles, captain and MVP at Ferris State University
Contact Doug at email@example.com.